Los Angeles Companies Increase Use of Fiber
Companies all over Los Angeles are embracing fiber optic cabling. Light signals transmitted through glass strands travel further with less signal degradation than electrical signals sent across copper or coaxial cables. Los Angeles fiber optic cabling providers can give multiple examples of businesses that have seen improved network performance following an upgrade to a fiber optic network. Twenty-first century glass fibers are so pure that the light signals can be transmitted over more than 60 miles of cable without amplification. Clarity of the signal at the receiving end is almost perfect since there are few transmission losses, high bandwidth, and low interference along the fiber.
History of Fiber Optic Technology
In the 1960s, scientists and glass researchers began to experiment with the concept of sending light signals down glass fibers. By 1970, Corning scientists had achieved remarkable success in their efforts to transmit information without signal loss. Forty years later, the combination of improved system electronics and purity of the fibers has made fiber optic cabling an almost ideal transmission medium.
Product innovations and process improvements have continually added to the list of advantages provided by optical fiber communication networks. Emerging opportunities with optical fiber networks offer a perfect form for improving fiber transmission. Necessity has driven innovation in this communication medium.
Advantages of Los Angeles Fiber Cabling
Many existing communication networks have been upgraded over the past decade because of the increased demand for more speed and bandwidth. Technological advances in equipment performance strains networks to provide support for digital signals that require clarity and high-resolution transmission. Fiber optic cables provide the following advantages:
• Lower cost over time – Fiber optic networks will support the network needs a longer period of time than any other type of cable, which reduces upgrade costs.
• Reduced risk of loss – Signal integrity is unmatched when the network is comprised of fiber optic cables.
• Higher capacity – Data streams of virtually any size will be supported by fiber cables.
• Immune to interference – Light signals cannot be interrupted by electromagnetic interference in the vicinity of the cables.
• No radiation – Fiber optic networks will not be interrupted by radiation, and the signals cannot be intercepted.
• No electrical sparks – Light signals do not require the use of electricity in the cable, so the network will not generate any sparks that can harm equipment or injure people.
• No crosstalk between strands – Light signals will travel along the Los Angeles fiber cabling without interfering with the light traveling along other cables.
• Lighter weight – Existing networks can be replaced by fiber optic cables without structural reinforcement since the fiber is lighter weight than other types of cabling.
Los Angeles fiber optic cabling offers unmatched integrity in signal transmission. Businesses that rely on communications over vast distances will benefit from the advantages offered from fiber optics. Potential clients have the option of asking for a site visit to another client’s site where a fiber optic network is in use. A qualified provider of fiber optics can answer all questions and provide a detailed cost estimate prior to beginning the fiber optic cabling project.